NYFW is a monumental point in any fashion crazed individual and sets the tone seen in stores and on the streets of next years spring season. With the shifting tide once populated Lincoln Center to an exclusive tone of present the focus is back on the collections. The introduction of Vogue Runway and other style lusty sites gives us a front row seat to designer looks brought to life. My eyes have been blessed with such inspiration and here are my top picks from day 1 of NYFW.
- Designer: Makoto Tacked
- Color Palette: Nude | Blush | White/Ivory | Grey | Navy | Oxford Blue
- Feel: Contemporary Work Attire
- Photo Cred: Photo: Paul Maffi / Courtesy of ICB
Beautiful blending of contrary art aesthetics with 9-5 work attire nuance, the collection houses clean tailoring, day embraced graphics, and lightweight layering. Takada has created an art curators dream collection.
- Designer: Daniel Wingate
- Color Palette: Black | White | Yellow | Fuchsia | Blush | Beige | Navy | Oxford
- Feel: 60’s Social Elite
- Photo Cred: Photo: Courtesy of Escada
- Full waistlines, bold floral wide legged pant suit all finished with Jackie O’s flare. This collection shows a true love of comfort chic in roomie tunics, transitioning to elegant capped sleeved evening gowns making it the resurgence of an era dismissed.
- Color Palette: Navy | White | Burgundy | Oxford Blue
- Feel: Downtown Restraint
- Photo Cred:Photo: Matthew Sprout / Courtesy of Hellessy
Embracing the use of natural fabrics, comfort fits, and movement this collection expresses elements of spring. Through the weight and drape of its garments Hellessy s/s ’16 doesn’t fall victim of cliches associated with the season of bloom rather becomes the new standard. Elegant restraint whispers from the construction of this collection calling your focus to craftsmenship of minimalistic style.
- See By Chloe
- Designer: Clare Waight Keller
- Color Palette: Cream| Blush | Navy
- Feel: West Coast Wanderlust
- Photo Cred: Courtesy of See by Chloé
Light eight baby doll dresses, denim maxi skirts, and stream line simple patterned A Line dress gives a feeling of young adventure seeker. This collection describes the spring as a season of travel, discovery, and beach side dreams.
- Nicholas K
- Designer: Nicholas and Christopher Kunz
- Color Palette: White | Ombre dip dyes | Navy | Taupe | Grey | Black | Russet
- Feel: New World Order
- Photo Cred: Gerardo Somoza / Indigitalimages.com
Translucent feather weight fabrics, parachute style outerwear, as flowing layers this collection gives you an ever green collection that can survived decades to come. A perfect balance of futurism, anchored by brassed tone forearm cuffs and rope like necklaces this collection brings a strong presence in the spring season to come.
- Tadashi Shoji
- Designer: Tadashi Shoji
- Color Palete: White | Purple/Lavenders | Black | Jade | Blush Navy
- Feel: Japanese Garden Party
- Photo Cred: Yannis Vlamos / Indigitalimages.com
The looks breezing down the runway in dream worthy fabrics, a vibrant wash of colors, eyelets trims and floral appliqué celebrates a strong Japanese Garden influence . Seamless combination of structure, tradition, and unbridle beauty welcomes spring with soft feminine elegance and grace. Balancing the presence of pattern and bold colors this collection a staple of spring ’16 inspiration.